Pancake day is fast approaching so I thought I would share with you my recipe for vegan pancakes!
- 1tsp of Coconut oil
- 100g Spelt Flour (You could use just plain flour too)
- 1 Chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds 3tbsp of water mixed)
- 200ml plant milk (I used Koko Dairy Free)
- Any toppings you desire
- Mix up the chia egg and leave to set whilst you measure out the flour and milk
- Add the flour, chia egg and plant milk into a bowl, stir thoroughly
- Leave the mixture to stand whilst you heat up the coconut oil in a pan
- Give the mixture another stir and add enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- Leave to cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat before flipping and doing the same on the other side
- Repeat until all the mixture has been cooked
- Add any toppings you wish
This makes quite a thick pancake mixture so if you prefer something lighter than add more milk to your mixture.
I added blackberries, seeds and maple syrup for my toppings but the list is endless. I do love the traditional lemon and sugar pancakes too.
What are your favourite pancake toppings?