I cooked a vegan Chilli Con Carne for my friend Carolyn Saturday night and of course I thought I would share the recipe on here.
Again another simple but tasty recipe a great one to make a huge amount and freeze in batches for another time.
- 1tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Chilli
- 150g Soya Mince
- 100g Mushrooms
- 1 Pepper
- 1/2 Courgette
- 1/2 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes.
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder (add more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- A few splashes of Biona Worcester Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and finely chop the red onion and garlic cloves. Once the oil has heated add them to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Chop the chilli, pepper, courgette and mushrooms and add them to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then add the soya mince and cook until the vegetables and mince has softened.
- Add the Kidney beans, tin of tomatoes and the stock and stir thoroughly.
- Once combined add the spices and Worcester sauce then give it all another stir.
- Let the chilli simmer for 10 mins before adding salt and pepper to taste.
I served the chilli up with rice, some Oatly Creme Fraiche and M&S Guacamole which is accidentally vegan!
This made the perfect amount for two greedy people and is the ideal movie night meal.
Do you like Chilli Con Carne? Let me know if you make this.