When I went out for a dinner recently I had an incredible Mushroom and Cashew Stroganoff and decided I wanted to recreate it at home. Like all my recipes it is simple and easy to make, I am really pleased with how it turned out.
- 1tsp Olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic chopped
- 300g Mushrooms
- 60g Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Splash of Biona Worcester Sauce
- Fresh Thyme
- 150ml Vegetable Stock
- 100ml Soya Cream
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
– Add the olive oil to a pan to heat up, then add the chopped garlic and onion. Fry for 5 Minutes stiring regulalry
– Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
– Add the Paprika and thyme, stir then add the Worcester Sauce and apple Cider Vinegar.
– Once the above ingredients are mixed together add the vegetable stock, soya cream and nutritional yeast. Give it all a good stir.
– Finally add the cashews and the salt and pepper to taste.
– Leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving.
I served this up with rice and some long stemmed broccoli but I think it would be great with a number of side dishes.
Do let me know if you try this? The recipe makes enough for two servings so double it if you are making it for four people.