Granola is one of my favourite things to have for breakfast and I have tried many varieties over the years.
Since becoming vegan it is hard to find granola without honey in it so I have been experimenting with making my own.
I have made various batches in the past but I think this has to be my favourite to date.
- 200g Oats
- 150g Pecans
- 150g walnuts
- 75g Coconut Flakes
- 100ml Maple syrup
- 100ml Coconut Oil
-Preheat the oven on a 180 degrees.
– In a pan on a low heat melt the coconut oil and maple syrup until combined.
– Once the coconut and maple syrup have melted remove from the heat, add the oats, pecans and walnuts to the pan and mix together.
– Place the mixture into a large oven proof dish spreading it out as much as possible.
– place in the oven for 5 minutes before giving the granola a good stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
– Remove the granola from the oven and stir through the coconut chips. Cook this for another 5 minutes giving it a stir half way through.
– Once cooked leave to cool before transferring into an air tight container.
This will last me a good couple of weeks as it makes a large jar of granola. The recipe is simple and fuss free but still tasty!
You can experiment with measurements and add more or less of ingredients depending how you like your granola.
Are you a fan of granola? Let me know if you give this a try?